Resident Meal Ideas
- Assorted deli meat & cheese sandwiches
- Home baked goods ( this is fine to be made in your own kitchen)
- Ice cream treats
- Delivered pizza & pop, ice, salad
- All Beef hot dogs & beef hamburgers (can be grilled onsite with our grill)
- Store bought traditional, yellow mustard potato salad
- Store bought pasta salads
- Deli wings and sauces
Frequently Asked Questions
All Stepping Stone Volunteer needs can be met by individuals or groups. Some of the options that are best suited to groups include:
- Kitchen servers
- Donate A Dinner (great for groups of 4-7-only 4 in the kitchen)
- Small Group Activity Leaders
- “Handyman” Help as Team
- Cleaning, Decorating & Sorting as a Team
We ask that children be at least 10 years of age to volunteer. Please plan to have a one-to-one adult-to-child ratio for all volunteers under the age of 18.
We are so grateful that you are interested in volunteering at Stepping Stone and gratefully accept as much or as little time as you can give. We have a variety of opportunities for short term, long term, or occasional volunteers. We’ve found that volunteers get the most out of their experience when they volunteer at least once per month, but that is entirely up to each volunteer. Most volunteer shifts range from 1 hour (food pick up) to 4 hours (front office assistant).
It depends on what kind of volunteer work you choose. For example, we want to make it easy to Donate A Dinner, so Level 1 Volunteers don’t require any specific training. On the other hand, Level 4 Volunteers work one-on-one with residents, so they are required to attend training and orientation. Our goal is for you to have a successful and rewarding experience supporting Stepping Stone and our residents, so training requirements are specific to each volunteer role.
Stepping Stone may choose to conduct a background check on any volunteer. For the safety of our residents, volunteers who have direct interactions with residents can expect a background check. Volunteers who have limited interactions with residents may or may not have a background check at Stepping Stone’s discretion.