One way that we make the holiday’s extraordinary for our residents is providing special donated holiday meals. This year, due to a COVID outbreak at the shelter, we quickly moved all our residents to a local hotel. We deliver meals to our residents every day, and this year, that will include any meals over the holidays, December 23 through January 3.
We are asking the following: Deliver in bulk (we will separate into individual containers) main dish, cooked veggie, and bread. You can deliver your meal between now and December 22. We will be freezing the meals.
Some meals ideas (these are only suggestions):
- Tater tot hot dish, cooked veggie, bread, and butter
- Sloppy joes, buns, small bags of chips per serving, and baked beans
- Chicken noodle casserole, cooked veggie, bread, and butter
- Lasagna, cooked veggie, and garlic toast
- Oven roasted and seasoned chicken breast (4-5 oz. per serving), cooked veggie, and mac and cheese
- Chicken enchiladas, cooked veggie, bread, and butter
- Tuna noodle casserole, cooked veggie, bread, and butter
- Roast beef dinner, cooked veggie, mashed potatoes, and gravy
We are looking for to provide lunches and dinners for the following meals:
- Christmas Eve Lunch
- Christmas Eve Dinner
- Christmas Day Lunch
- Christmas Day Dinner
- New Year’s Eve Dinner
- New Year’s Day Lunch
- New Year’s Day Dinner
If you have questions or would like to schedule via email or a phone call, you can reach Tammy, our Cafeteria Manager, at email@example.com or 763-528-0380.